We are all driven by our own unique sets of values, these are the things which are the most ‘value-able’ to us and the most important, many people are not conscious of what theirs are. Both personal and business values influence thought, actions and ultimately behavior.
Behind every action, believe it or not, there is actually a higher positive intent of some sort, this can help to explain some people’s and organizations’ seemingly destructive or negative behavior. Their actions are really just a subconscious attempt to satisfy their unmet needs or repressed desires.
For this reason it is crucial for both people and companies to become aware of, and live in alignment with their highest values. In this way more of us can live healthy, fulfilling, purposeful and self-actualizing lives, as well as reach our potential, serve the greater good and a higher purpose.
In terms of your career and a conscious business, values often include:
- Fair trade
- Health & Wellbeing
- Community Welfare
- Cooperation & Collaboration
- Learning & Development
Thankfully, many individuals like yourself have woken up to this fact and are now making important decisions, living their lives and building their businesses more purposefully, based on their highest values and ideals.
Your career or business is a reflection of you and your values, so in order to be authentic, congruent and in alignment with both your higher self, and reason for being on the earth at this time, you need to be clear about:
- Your purpose – Why you do what you do. Your mission
- What you stand for – Your ideals and vision
- Your passions – What you love, enjoy, and get excited about. Things which interest you, turn you on and never become boring.
- Who & how you serve – Target market, ideal clients or employer. Products, services & solutions to meet their needs, solve their problems, improve their lives or satisfy their desires
- Your priorities – What is the most important use of your time, energy and resources. Work-life balance
- Your innate talents, gifts & abilities – Your unique natural attributes
- Your strengths – What you are good at. What experience you have
- Your weaknesses – What areas or skills you need to develop. Where you need to grow
- Your lifestyle aspirations – How much you work, where you work, how you work & who you work with or for
- Your goals – What you want to achieve and by when
Conscious companies and organisations also define the above areas in order to:
- Become values-based with a defining & uniting common purpose
- Attract & keep the best employees
- Market effectively
- Differentiate themselves from the competition
- Innovate & develop
- Contribute to a healthy society & environment
- Grow sustainably
- Achieve specific outcomes
A Kind Nature is an example of how I’ve aligned conscious business values to my higher purpose, personal values and lifestyle aspirations. My core values are on the left and how this online business aligns to these same values are on the right:
- Freedom – I am my own boss thanks to this Internet-based business which allows me to work when & from wherever I choose with numerous different options in terms of ‘how’ I run it. As a result of this flexibility and versatility in terms of time & location it can accommodate & support my other passions such as travel, education and exercise!
- Health & Wellbeing – Integrating many activities that I enjoy and find interesting, this online business is not only fun for me, but also relatively stress-free. Additionally it gives me an excellent work-life balance so that I able to pursue other activities which are also beneficially for my health, physical and mental wellbeing.
- Spirituality – A way to connect to my higher self and align with my life purpose, living and running the business according to universal/metaphysical laws and principles, while also integrating spiritual practices such as meditation, visualization & tithing
- Personal Growth & Success – I am growing both personally and professionally as I learn new skills and internalize knowledge essential for running a profitable and successful conscious business online, develop ‘soft skills’ related to effective communication, which in turn contributes to my self-actualization
- Relationships – A way for me to connect with like-minded individuals and similar souls, form new friendships and business relationships with people from all around the world, as well as give me the ability and afford me the means to spend quality time with my family and friends on a regular basis.
In order for you to have a values-based conscious business, either online, or otherwise, you first need to be crystal clear on what your personal values are. Then, you can create your business consciously, perfectly in alignment with your priorities, what you stand for and with what is most precious to you in life.
There are a number of ways you can identify your 4 or 5 ‘core’ values, either by yourself or with the assistance of a life coach. I’ll be sharing with you some of these in future posts, so watch this space!